Thursday, January 30, 2014

Beyond

Last time I was here (which seems like a long, long time ago), I shared what I wanted to focus on for 2014. Recap: I want to step outside my comfort zone; push myself, regardless of fear. I had a heck of a time coming up with one word that encompassed the direction I wanted to take this year.

I had commented on a post on Melly Sews, and Melissa had e-mailed me some great suggestions. And I choose….

Beyond

Wow, have I stepped beyond my comfort zone.

It all started with Facebook. You see, I am not too hip to social media. I stayed away for so long, trying to protect my time from being lost to the internet. But then Irene from Serger Pepper invited me to be a pattern tester (more about that in a few days). She asked that I was on Facebook and I obliged. (Thank you Irene!)

Next thing you know I had crochet orders coming out the wazoo! Here are a few:

black knitted ear warmer with bling

Crochet Horse HatBlack Slouch HatUniversity of Michigan Ear WarmerBlack Earwarer Silver and Black Flower    University of Michigan Brimmed Hat

This is just a small sampling of the orders I have made in the last month. Add in school and a busy family, and that is why things have been quiet around here. (I do have some super awesome sewing projects to share too, if I can find time to sit and write up a proper post.)

I hope to post a little more frequently (we will see how that goes…). But in the meantime I will be studying my heart out and hooking my hands off. ;)

How is 2014 shaping up for you? Are you working toward any specific goals?

Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. That's great that you've got so many orders... I wish you get many more. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Magda! I have had quite a few orders pouring in, its been pretty nice.

      Delete