Thursday, July 4, 2013

Independence Day Refashion

For everyone in the U.S., happy Independence Day. (And happy Thursday to everyone else. Hey, we all need a reason to celebrate now and then.)

Today’s refashion is another baseball inspired refashion. Since our school colors are red and blue, I am also throwing it in as a holiday refashion. (Two birds, one stone…)

All-star baseball tournaments start next week. The twins needed something that will show team support, and keep them cool while we cheer on their big brother.

This refashion is short and sweet. I bought the tanks at Wal-Mart for $2.00.

I traced our last name from the back of my step-son’s baseball jersey onto freezer paper. Then cut the letters out with an exacto knife. Iron the freezer paper to the shirt. Lastly, paint. I painted three coats (letting dry between each application). Finally, remove the freezer paper, and try to get your boys to pose for the camera.

Freezer Paper Stencil Team Jersey Style

Family Pride, Freezer Paper Stencil

Normally, all the boys allow me to photograph is their backside. Today they were hamming it up:

Future Model

They even performed a little dance number:

How Do You Like My Moves

Happy 4th!

2 comments:

  1. OMG those kiddos are really so cute! It was a nice idea to paint the shirts, too bad they weren't coperative for the shoots, but I bet you had a good time with the dance... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, they are dancing animals!
      I'm really loving the freezer paper stenciling. So easy yet professional looking.

      Delete