Friday, July 26, 2013

Egg-Free Friday, Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

I haven’t done an egg-free post in a while. I have been in a little bit of a cooking slump lately. Somehow my boys became finicky eaters, and frankly I am tired of throwing food away.

Desperate to get them to eat breakfast (and needing to use up some ripe bananas), I searched for a banana bread recipe. I found a winner!

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread adapted from food.com

Egg-Free Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

  • 4 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 cup flour *I used 3/4 whole wheat, and 3/4 all purpose
  • 2 small handfuls of chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a bread pan.

Combine bananas and butter. Mix in milk and vanilla.

Add in brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.

Add in flour, mix until just combined. *Don’t over mix, your bread will be rubbery!* Gently mix in chocolate chips.

Pour into prepared bread pan and bake for one hour, or until toothpick comes out clean.

Cool.

I am happy to say, the boys love this bread! I am planning on trying it with zucchini as soon as it is ready to pick.

How do you deal with finicky eaters? If you have any tips, please share! I am at wits end trying to get them to eat good food. They used to be such good eaters, so maybe (hopefully) this is just a stage two year olds go through….

No comments:

Post a Comment