Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Quick Bathroom Update

Sorry for the sporadic posting (or lack of…). No excuses, sometimes I just have to step away from my computer for a while; and get things done.

Realizing that I only have under three months to work on my 30 by 30 list, I decided to get moving. I cleaned and purged my shoe closet (a hall closet that houses my shoes and other useless clutter). I donated two garbage bags (no, not all shoes), took a huge box to the garage sale pile, and tossed a few things right into the trash.

I had a lot of steam, so I tackled the bathroom. Cleaning the bathroom. Scrubbing from ceiling to floor. This project was so long overdue, and made a huge impact once it was done.

While working on the bathroom I had decided to do something about our light fixture. No before picture, but I’ll try my best to describe it. The fixture was like most things in our house; old. It had two glass globes… a long time ago. The globes were white with gold decoration. U.G.L.Y.! One of the globes broke, so the fixture only had a single globe for a while. Then hubby decided not to put the other one up the last time he changed the bulb. Like I said, U.G.L.Y.

I made a 2 minute transformation. (If you don’t have to run down two flights of stairs for mason jars, it will only be a 30 second project.) Here it is:

Bathroom Light Update

Quick Bathroom Update

I just tightened the screws around the mason jars, and voila! Looks much more finished. This is my favorite type of decorating project; quick, easy, and cheap (or in this case free).

Have you done any simple decorating projects lately?

6 comments:

  1. What a great project!!!! These are my favorite as well, quick, easy and cheap! I am amazed at what you accomplish with twins!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so lucky that they still take a long nap!

      Delete
  2. What a fun idea! Love the mason jars! Thanks for stopping by Make Life Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I LOVE mason jars, and this was the quickest update ever!

      Delete
  3. Such a clever idea to use the mason jars. I love the look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a simple, yet impactful fix. I'm glad I got off my bum and did something!

      Delete