Thursday, June 21, 2012

A New Skirt For Mommy



I have a bad case of (self-diagnosed) ADD. I also have a finishing problem- an aversion to finishing projects I start. This is why our dining room table is stacked with sewing stuff, the vacuum is sitting in the corner, the laundry is piled in baskets (folded though), and the list goes on. I look around and see so many unfinished projects I get overwhelmed, and want to hide.

Lately I have been trying to finish projects. (Part of my 30 by 30; craft through stash) One nearly finished project in my stash is a skirt. I made it last summer, shortly after having the boys. Needless to say it is a bit too big now. Instead of finishing it, into a (rather big) pile in the closet it went.

Today I finished it! The sad thing is, it took me longer to load my bobbin into the machine than it did to finish it.



This skirt was super simple, the hardest part was pinning a straight line (something I sorta have a problem with). Unfortunately, I do not know where I found the tutorial, so maybe I'll post my version of instructions next time I make one.



I am extremely happy with this skirt. It is very comfy, light, airy, summery and cute. One more to-do done!

No comments:

Post a Comment