Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Potato Bread Fail #2, and What's for Dinner This Week

I tried bread machine potato bread again. I finally found my digital thermometer, so I made sure to bring the water and potatoes to temp. I also bought new yeast, just in case mine was old (who am I kidding, it was old). I measured everything according to the recipe, turned on the bread machine, and patiently waited. What happened? I got a very lovely bread bowl again! Actually, the first bread bowl looked more lovely- this last one was pretty dark. (I did not take a picture, because potato bread take 2 was a lot like potato bread take 1. I will try one more time, this next time I am going to use my bread machine to make the dough, and bake it in the oven. We'll see...

What's for dinner this week? (Some is the same as last week because we had leftovers a few times, and didn't get to the planned menu for the day.)

Sunday- grilled chicken, potatoes, and veggies
Monday- something from the pantry (tuna helper)
Tuesday- pork Steak on the grill
Wednesday- roast, potatoes, and veggies
Thursday- leftovers
Friday- chicken burritos
Saturday- something crock pot and grab-n-go; thinking sloppy joe's

No comments:

Post a Comment