Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tuesday Twin Tips


It is a challenge raising twins. I have yet to find an adequate instruction guide to these precious little things. (While I was pregnant I read every book about twins and multiples that I could get my hands on.)

I am going to try to post a twin tip each Tuesday. This are tips that have worked for our family, but please keep in mind that every family is different.

Remember Biology class? Well, all that talk about 'adaptation' and 'survival of the fittest' makes much more sense now that I have twins. At our Well Check this week the pediatrician asked how I grocery shop. I had to laugh, it seems like second nature to me now.

Here's what we do (and have done since the boys were born):
I bought stroller hooks, much like these ones. I use reusable shopping totes, fill em up as we shop, and hang from the hooks. I felt weird at first, like people thought we were shoplifting. I got over that fast, now it is a way of life. (Next time we go shopping, I'll take a photo of this phenomenon.)

This is one adaptation I have made since being a mommy.

*This may be common sense, but please do not fill bags too full, or your twins will be popping wheelies through the grocery store. (Don't ask how I know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment